Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uhhhh.... Elko, NV?
Ahhhh, *blushing* I don't think so. 'Ya see the original slide is not with me, and I cannot accurately remember. Tom, I may have to defer to you. (If Indeed I even wrote it on the slide........)
You didn't write anything on the slide, but it is dated 2/77 if that helps.
If it makes you feel better, I don't think it's Elko, either. :blush:
Ha! Well, here's kind of a clue. I'm pretty sure it's either the EB route, or the CZ route, and I'm guessing the CZ rotue, based on the date. (Michigan went to the Rose Bowl that year)

OK, this one comes with a disclaimer: it's on a discontinued route. I know that conflicts with the instructions in the first post, but we've already had a couple of those ... and this Amshack happens to be sitting next to one of the most handsome little historic depots I've seen.

(If this isn't acceptable to folks, I'll repost something else after work.)

pitamakan2007-09-27e.jpg

OK, this one comes with a disclaimer: it's on a discontinued route. I know that conflicts with the instructions in the first post, but we've already had a couple of those ... and this Amshack happens to be sitting next to one of the most handsome little historic depots I've seen.

(If this isn't acceptable to folks, I'll repost something else after work.)

pitamakan2007-09-27e.jpg
I'll take a shot. The Dalles, OR.

Not The Dalles, but you've got the right railroad. Since all those Amshacks look pretty much the same, here's a shot of the great old historic station next door:

pitamakan2007-09-27d.jpg

Back