Question regarding extra "luggage"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tot-totin-mama

We will be traveling in a family room from Minnesota to Oregon in May and wish to bring our own car seats for our children, not to use on the train, but to use in our rental car once we get to OR. We get on at a station with no checked baggage, but I am wondering if we can store them in the cargo area next to the door. I haven't been on the train since I was 16 (14 years ago), so I'm wondering how any extra non-luggage items can be handled.

We will be traveling in a family room from Minnesota to Oregon in May and wish to bring our own car seats for our children, not to use on the train, but to use in our rental car once we get to OR. We get on at a station with no checked baggage, but I am wondering if we can store them in the cargo area next to the door. I haven't been on the train since I was 16 (14 years ago), so I'm wondering how any extra non-luggage items can be handled.

I'm certainly no expert, but I don't think this will be a problem-Been on Superliners in the past, with kids seats stored in the baggage storage racks on the lower levels.

Welcome!
hi.gif

Although the stated rule for carry-on bags is "2 per person", I have never seen this strictly enforced - especially at unstaffed stations or stations with no checked baggage service! And yes, it can be stored in the luggage rack by the door or above your seat.

And there are many exceptions to the "2 carry-on" limit. Examples include:

• Purses
  • Sweaters
  • Coats
  • Laptops/Computers
  • CAR SEATS
  • STROLLERS
  • Etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back