Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This photo should generate many responses.

Can you name the Station??

00acb.jpg

OK. I'd like to bend the rules this time. If someone has an issue, then I will take one off. Here are two pics I really want to post. One more for show, and one for the actual contest. Please ignore the quality, these were taken on my iPod Touch. Here are two pics. If you guess them both right it will be your turn. If you guess both, and one is correct, I will tell that one is correct, but I will not specify. I hope this link works. I created a photobucket account specifically for this. Good luck.

P.S. Yes the first one is a ten-car Metrolink, next to an Amfleet consist.

http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r627/johnnymenhennet/?action=view&current=IMG_0249.jpg

http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r627/johnnymenhennet/?action=view&current=IMG_0258.jpg

Dang yes. The 10-car Metrolink operated into SOL on weekends this year during the Del Mar Racing Season, as a way to add capacity to the LA-Del Mar market. It ran with 10 cars, and it sat on the northbound platform, blocking it most of the day. The other train is the Pacific Surfliner's Amfleet consist, in use south of LA only during racing season, but now at random due to the new schedules. Go ahead Shanghai.

And I'm sorry about my post jut a little while ago. I threw out SOL because I thought the Metrolonk might throw us off, but VNC for the guess. After going back through previous posts, I recognized VNC as one that had already gone. If I had known, I wouldn't have posted, because that is a violation. So, sorry about that. Shanghai, was Burbank correct?

Here's another one. Please, nobody use the phone area code to look it up. It is from an active station.

Picture

sorry for the double post
I didnt cheat but I believe Grand Junction, Colorado might be a good guess?? (I cant post pictures so if correct feel Free to Post another Johnny! And keep on being a Rebel, it's what makes Youth so Great!)

Thanks Jim!

And yes it was Grand Junction, CO. The Union Station sits right next to the current station, an did up for sale. I took this from the CZ SSL with golden grrl sitting next to me.

Here is another, it is a little obscure again, but was an Amtrak station until a few years ago. And yes I've taken all of these myself.

Picture

Not quite, but you're thinking along the right lines, with the route being discontinued a few years back.

I assume that someone will get it soon, but if not, then I have another clue lined up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back