Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is an another easy one.

san_luis_obispo_train_station_big.jpg
Aloha

Curious as to where this was shot from.

Since Shanghai has been answering (and posting) too many photos, I will jump in with one out-of-turn submission just to give him some relief :D

Here you go-

img1300zg.jpg

It's a slab-only station used by special groups visiting a tourist attraction there. Maybe Peter can fill us in some more. At any rate, I don't have a posting capability and will be away from my computer for a while. Assuming I am correct, I defer posting of the next pic to Shanghai or anyone else that has one.

Ocala Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a slab-only station used by special groups visiting a tourist attraction there. Maybe Peter can fill us in some more. At any rate, I don't have a posting capability and will be away from my computer for a while. Assuming I am correct, I defer posting of the next pic to Shanghai or anyone else that has one.

Ocala Mike

I'll post a photo in a few minutes.

What has happened to Johnny?

Yes, Oceanside, California.

Your turn to post an Amtrak Station picture.

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited. I hope you will find this forum

to your liking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here we go:

{Pic Removed}

peter
I this a station or simply a platform??

Does the train stop here or pass by??

I have some pictures to post if Johnny isn't with us!!
Yes & No. The Amtrak portion of the station is just two slabs & some fencing. However connected to the slabs is the Greenfield Village (GFV) station which does have a building. However you cannot do anything more then tour it, use the restrooms & buy tickets for the GFV train.

The stop is a Group-only flag stop. You must have group tickets to & from there in order to get the train to stop. Also GFV isn't really set up to receive people thru that entrance. The 2 times I've gone via train we've had to wait at the station for a while. Once they had a manager come over & issue us our tickets there at the station ticket desk, the other time they sent a bus over and we rode to the main entrance.

peter

Back