VIA Canadian sleeper questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They used to be the bedroom for three, aka a drawing room.
There are pretty much no longer Drawing Rooms (VIA-speak "Cabin for 3") on the Canadian at all. It runs with a "Prestige Park" car where the Drawing Room and Double Bedrooms have been removed in favor of a Prestige room and an Accessible room. Sleeper Plus is exclusively supported by Manor series sleepers that never had Drawing Rooms. Very occasionally an non-Prestige Chateau used to show up when hard up for cars, but I haven't seen one in revenue service for a long time and summer consists are a bit shorter than they were pre-COVID. They used to run Chateaus as crew cars (the SM got the Drawing Room), but the last couple years even those have been Manors.

There are pretty much no longer Drawing Rooms (VIA-speak "Cabin for 3") on the Canadian at all. It runs with a "Prestige Park" car where the Drawing Room and Double Bedrooms have been removed in favor of a Prestige room and an Accessible room. Sleeper Plus is exclusively supported by Manor series sleepers that never had Drawing Rooms. Very occasionally an non-Prestige Chateau used to show up when hard up for cars, but I haven't seen one in revenue service for a long time and summer consists are a bit shorter than they were pre-COVID. They used to run Chateaus as crew cars (the SM got the Drawing Room), but the last couple years even those have been Manors.
I was fortunate to be in one when they were still on the Ocean run.

Thanks for the replies …a drawing room in an Ocean Chateau car is another possibility.🙂
Chateaus are not always on it, but are increasingly common as they are more reliable than the Renaissance cars.

I did a random check, choosing the 10/23 Montreal departure and it does indeed have Chateaus on that date, since berths, Cabins for 1, HEP Cabins for 2, and Cabins for 3 are available.

Last edited:
Back